Last modified: July 19, 2023
Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website, provide through online signups or in-person events, and/or subscribe to our mobile services, (collectively, the “Platform”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Platform;
- In email(s), text(s), and other electronic messages between you and Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign;
- When you provide it to Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign through an online signup process or at an in-person event;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy;
- When you make a donation to Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign or purchase merchandise.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Platform.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Platform, including laurielawsoncox4schoolboard.com is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information through the Platform or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Platform, make any donations through the Platform, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (with a reference to Children Under the Age of 16).
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Platform, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, financial information (including, but not limited to, credit card or bank account information that you provide Us during a purchase or donation) (“personal information“);
- That is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as political affiliation, employment information (occupation and employer), demographic information, your telephone carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages, as well as other information that you provide; and/or
- All Website users remain anonymous unless they choose to give us their personal information. .
We collect this information:
- On the Platform
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies;
- Automatically when you respond to e-mails or text messages; and
- From third parties
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on com , or communicate to Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign through the Platform. This includes, for example, information provided at the time of registering to receive updates from the Platform, donating, participating in contests, surveys and promotions, signing up to volunteer or receive newsletters or other communications, including with the Platform, and/or purchasing any merchandise. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Platform.
- Information as required by the Federal Election Commission (“FEC”). The FEC requires us to collect and disclose the name, mailing address, occupation and employer of all individuals whose donations exceed $200 per calendar year.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses or phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys, questionnaires, polls, or other data entry that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information as required by the FEC before placing an order through the Platform.
- Your search queries on the Platform.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the com , or transmitted to other users of laurielawsoncox4schoolboard.com or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may take certain precautions, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the laurielawsoncox4schoolboard.com with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We also cannot guarantee the privacy and safety of areas where User Contributions are posted and are therefore not responsible for any information you choose to post, and your use of these features is fully at your own risk.
**Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies **
As you navigate through and interact with the Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, usage details, including pages you visited before and after visiting the Platform, interactions with advertisements delivered by us or third parties, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Information about your equipment and devices, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies.Certain features of com may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on laurielawsoncox4schoolboard.com. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons.Pages of com and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Platform and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, updates, products, or services that you request from us;
- To send you Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign marketing, promotional, updates, e-mails, messages, and other correspondence and notifications;
- To send you updates, news alerts, promotional emails, messages, communications, discounts, news about products and services, vote reminders, and other information as it becomes relevant;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, or with your consent;
- To provide you with notices about your consent to be contacted, provide you with assistance, and confirm that we will cease contacting you when you send the keyword STOP when using the mobile services;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to the Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- Subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, or specified preferences, in connection with the sale, exchange, donation, or gift of Platform user information and related data to a broker, political committee, political party committee, campaign, other non-profit or for-profit entity, or other candidate or officeholder;
- For research purposes, for marketing/promotional purposes and/or to provide anonymous reporting for third party platforms, etc;
- It is necessary to disclose in order to protect or defend our rights or property or those of our users;
- It is necessary to disclose in order to protect the personal safety or privacy of our users or the public;
- It is necessary for us to provide it to our attorneys, accountants, regulators, auditors or other advisors;
- Otherwise as we are required or permitted by law or required to comply with legal process served upon us, our agents, representatives or our affiliates; and
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send an email to email@example.com (with a reference to How You Use My Data).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents.
- To other organizations.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a successor entity in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign about our Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address or a phone number by which to contact you, we will send updates and alerts to you using that contact information.
- As required by federal and state law(s).
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign , our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third Party Features
Email & Text Message Signups
- Submitting your e-mail: Submitting your address anywhere on the Site may result in your e-mail address being added to the Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign e-mail list. You may unsubscribe to Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign e-mails at any time by opting out of e-mail subscriptions with the “unsubscribe” link included in each e-mail. Your e-mail address will be removed from our marketing list. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request, as some promotions may already be in process.
- Submitting your mobile phone number: Submitting your mobile phone number to opt-in to our SMS program constitutes your express consent to receive autodialed messages from the Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign. Text STOP to opt-out. Text HELP for support. For further assistance please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Message frequency may vary. Message and Data Rates may apply. By opting-in you agree to receive autodialed marketing mobile messages and you understand that your consent to be contacted in this method is not required to make any purchase from us. Opt-in consent applies only to Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign or its successor entities and will not apply to any third parties/affiliates for marketing/promotional purposes.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Alerts regarding others by Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign.If you do not wish to have your email address or telephone number used by the Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign to promote our own or third parties’ events, news alerts, or other services, you can opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com at any time. This can also be achieved by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email or texting the key word STOP.
- Promotional Offers from Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign . If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at any other time by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at any other time by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
Colorado and California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your Colorado and California Privacy Rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Colorado and California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your Colorado and California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your Colorado and California Privacy Rights
If you are a Colorado or California resident, your State’s law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa. To learn more about your Colorado privacy rights, visit, https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb21-190.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: «Physical_Address» (with a reference to California Disclosure Information).
We will respond to such requests for information access within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above. If we receive your request at a different e-mail or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
Overview: We may use non-personally identifiable information to provide more relevant advertising and content. If you’d like to stop this Site from collecting certain types of information that provide more tailored online ads and messages to you, please click here. If you elect to opt out of this type of advertising, we will place a cookie on your browser computer to flag that we should not collect data to tailor advertising to your browser. If you delete your cookies, install a new browser, or use a different computer, you may need to revisit this page to opt out.
Contributions to Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign are not deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes. When you contribute to Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign , state law requires us to collect the following information: name, mailing address, employer, occupation, and amount of contribution. All contributions made to Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign are considered final unless the donation is not in compliance with state or federal campaign finance law or regulations. All purchases from the online store are considered contributions to Laurie Lawson Cox Campaign .
Visiting Our Site From Outside Of The United States
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment or donation transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.